2:00PM - 7:00PMSend a message Listen Live
Swansea Council has named one of the youngest Councillors in Wales onto it's Cabinet.
21-year-old Mitchell Theaker, who's due to graduate from Swansea University this summer has been selected as the cabinet member for Children and young people.
He'll have responsibility for Opportunities for Children Young People.
The Cabinet, which was selected after an application process, is based on a number of new portfolios:
• David Phillips - Council Leader, Anti-Poverty,
• Christine Richards - Deputy Leader, Citizen and Community Engagement and Democracy
• June Burtonshaw - Place
• Rob Stewart - Finance and Resources
• Mitchell Theaker - Opportunities for Children and Young People
• William Evans - Learning Skills
• Nick Bradley - Regeneration
• Sybil Crouch - Sustainability
• Mark Child - Wellbeing
• Ryland Doyle - Target Areas.
Cllr David Phillips, Leader of Swansea Council, said: "The Cabinet Members have been appointed on cross-cutting themes so that we can focus attention on meeting the needs of the people of Swansea.
"Tackling poverty is our top priority and that is why, as Council Leader, I will also have responsibility for Anti-Poverty issues.
"However, through their portfolio each Cabinet Member will be playing their part in dealing with poverty issues that often blight families in many of our communities.”