Road Closures and Info for Swansea Half Marathon 2015
The 2015 JCP Swansea Half Marathon is taking place on Sunday, 14th June 2015.
The main race starts at 9.15am but there'll be road closures in place from 7am to 1pm.
Here are some key points:
* Residents will be able to leave Mumbles for the duration of the event
* Access to Mumbles via Oystermouth Road will not be possible from 7am until the road re-opens. This will be on a rolling basis after the runners have passed
* Oystermouth Road will close at 7am and will be re-opened on a rolling basis
* Access to Sainsbury's will be maintained via the Tawe bridges end of the city
* Access/egress to the marina will be facilitated as far as practicable, but there will be significant delays at certain times of the day. Event organisers have hand-delivered letters to marina residents
* Access to St Mary's Church will be via West Way and Oystermouth Road
The race will start 0900 for wheelchair athletes and 0915 for the rest of the runners
We have relocated the start/finish to Oxford Street. The start and finish lines will be situated on the junction of Union Street/Oxford Street.
All pens will be clearly posted with coloured feather flags. Marshals will also be present to assist and guide you into the correct pen. Please stick to your colour zone but move to the back or front of the zone depending on your fitness level.
Start Entrance: For security reasons, the start entrance will only be accessible by runners with a bib. Non runners, family and friends will not be permitted entry.
How to get to the Start: Oxford Street is in the heart of Swansea City Centre and is accessible from a number of routes.
Access to the pens will be via the north side of Oxford Street (Outside Miss Selfridge, BHS and M&S) & Castle Square. Signage will be erected to assist with wayfinding.
There will be portable toilets on Princess Way, Oxford St, Castle Sq as well as situated along the route. Toilets are also available at 360 Watersports, Blackpill Lido & Knab Rock Car Park.
The Baggage drop will be open from 07:00 on race day.
Race Information Point
A race information tent will be situated and easily recognisable in Castle Sq. Lost & found, lost children and general enquiries will be based in the Race Information tent.