Road closures ratcheted up ahead of national Air Show
Oystermouth Road in Swansea has already closed in both directions as the Wales Air Show gets set to kick off in the next hour.
The Red Arrows, a Chinook Helicopter and the RAF Tucano jet are among the draws due to pull in tens of thousands to the city over the two day aerial extravaganza.
Travellers need to be prepared - here's Saturday's road closure information:
10.00am Saturday 6 July - 8.00am Monday 8 July
- Oystermouth Road / Mumbles Road will be closed in both directions. (from the junction of West Way to Sketty Lane).
- Diversions will be in place
- Access to the Marina will be maintained via Dunvant Place.
- Access to Argyle Street will be maintained using a short diversion via the Civic Centre.
- Access to Swansea University and Brynmill Lane to be maintained via Sketty Lane
For safety, security and to aid traffic movement in the area we are required to keep some roads free of parked vehicles. In order to be able to ensure this, there will be parking restrictions and a vehicle tow-away operation taking place on the roads shown below. If you are affected by these closures, we would kindly request that you move your vehicle to an alternative location.
There will be parking restrictions and a tow away zone from 12noon on Friday 5 July until 5.00am on Monday 8 July on:
- Both sides of Oystermouth Road / Mumbles Road
- Both side of Bryn Road
Swansea Promenade, from the Civic Centre to Sketty Lane, will be prohibited to cyclists from 12 noon Thursday 4 July - 11.00pm Monday 8th July.
Over the weekend itself (Saturday and Sunday) between 10.00am - 6.00pm Swansea Council will be setting up a residents contact line at 01792 635428 to report any concerns or issues in relation to the event.