Glittering night for The Wave and Swansea Sound Sporting Heroes Awards
The ceremony was held at Swansea's National Waterfront Museum.
The award winners were:
- Alternative Sports Award - Rachel Evans
- Team of The Year - Run 4 All Neath - Samantha Perrott
- Para athlete of the year - Paul Karabardak
- Outstanding Contribution to Sport - Phillip Richard
- Local Sporting Legend - John Burns
- Unsung Hero Award - Mark Quinn
- Sports Person of the year - Nathan Flear
- Lifetime Achievement - Alun Wyn Jones
- PE Teacher of the Year - Ben Brown
- Coach of the Year - Eddie Malinowski
- Charitable Sporting Event - Richard Burton 10K
- Young Sports Person of the Year - Emily Slade
- Triathlete of the Year - Mike Bowring
The Lifetime Achievement Award went to Ospreys, Wales and Lions lock Alun Wyn Jones.
But one of the night's most emotional moments was when charity fundraiser Mark Quinn, who has terminal cancer, was awarded the Unsung hero award.