There's been an outbreak of Norovirus at several sites in the Swansea Bay University Health Board area.
The whole of Gorseinon Hospital, ward B (trauma and orthopaedic) at Morriston and ward C at Neath Port Talbot are closed to new admissions.
In the last 24 hours a number of patients have tested positive for the stomach bug
At least part of the outbreak has been traced back to a person who visited one of the sites. It is understood they were caring for someone with norovirus at home and then came onto a ward where they interacted with several patients.
Staff will now be reinforcing the rules around visiting which are:
· No more than two visitors per bed
· No children
· Wash your hands
· Do not interact with or offer food to any other patients
If you feel unwell or have had symptoms in the past few days do not attend the emergency department or visit loved ones until symptom free for at least 48 hours
· The best way to protect yourself and your family is by washing your hands regularly with soap and water:
· Especially after using the toilet
· After using a shopping trolley
· Before eating and drinking
If you are worried and need advice call 111 for 24/7 medical advice and to access the out-of-hours GP service.