Wave and Swansea Sound present £12,000 cheque
The Wave and Swansea Sound are broadcasting live from Ty Hafan all day today (Friday, December 16) to see the amazing work the hospice does for children and their families.
It costs £10,500 to fund a single day at Ty Hafan - that's a whopping £3.7 million to provide its free service to families in Wales.
And thanks to our Cash for Kids Appeal, our listeners have helped fund the service for a day, making a difference to the lives of children and their families.
This is what Ty Hafan offers children and their families:
- Comfort, care and support to life-limited children, young people and their families in the hospice, in the community and in their home so they can make the most of the time they have left together.
- They allow parents and carers to relax and recharge their batteries. And we make sure the needs of brothers and sisters are never forgotten.
- Over the past 15 years, nearly 600 children and their families benefiting from the care and support Ty Hafan provide at the hospice and in their homes.
- Their vision is to ensure every life-limited child and young person in Wales lives a full family life.
- For this to happen, it's also vital that mums, dads, brothers and sisters receive the support they need during such a difficult time.
- This involves offering a wide range of free care and support at our hospice, in the homes of families and wherever else they're needed.
- Specialist staff, including children's nurses, family support workers and play workers, give care and comfort to families over weeks, months and years, helping them create precious memories to cherish forever.
- They also offer short break care to children and young people at our hospice so families can take time out from their caring duties. During these visits, parents and other family members can stay at the hospice as well.
- They are still there for their family, for however long they need . They never stop caring for the bereaved.
- Today, Ty Hafan are caring for an increasing number of life-limited children and their families. This is why we need our amazing supporters to keep making a difference and new supporters to start supporting us so we can improve even more lives.
How to Help:
- Visit http://www.tyhafan.org/support-us to find out all the ways you can help
- The number of life-limited children, young people and their families in Wales who need Ty Hafan's help is increasing every year. Now, more than ever, they need your to support in any way you can, so they can be there for all of these families, at our hospice, in their homes and in their communities.
- You can make a donation, become a volunteer, you can fund-raise (loads of ideas online), put on an event, if you're a business become a corporate partner or support