Everything you need to know about the new iPhone 7
New features include:
- A ‘new’ design: Although it doesn’t look much different to the iPhone 6, apparently the iPhone 7’s look is new and comes in black, gold, silver and rose gold
- The Home Button: It is now non-mechanical and is therefore force sensitive – i.e. It’s not a real button. The button will ‘click back’ at users and vibrations will be used for notifications
- Water and dust resistant:
- CAMERA: ‘The best camera made in any smartphone’ The camera is a huge advance on what is offered by the new IPhone. Everything is new including a new 12mp sensor that’s 60 percent faster and 30 percent more energy efficient. Four LEDs will make pictures look better in artificial light. You will also be able to edit live photos, while the iPhone Plus will come with a second camera.
- Display: The display will be 25% brighter with 3D touch
- SPEAKERS: The iPhone will have stereo speakers for the first time, one at the bottom and the other at the top.
- EAR PODS There’s no headphone jack so the earphones will be attached by lightning cable. The new earphones with lightning attachment will come with the iPhones, while there will be a separate device to plug in old headphones.
- AirPods: ‘Airpods deliver truly an Apple magical experience’ Imagine your current iPhone headphones without a cable and you get something close to Air Pods.There are only five hours of battery life. It works with the watch too.
- Performance: The iPhone 7 is 120x faster than the original iPhone with a 64-bit four-core processor. The A10 Fusion Chip is the ‘most powerful chip ever’ in an iPhone. It has a longer battery life too.
- Battery: There will be on average two hours more a day.
They even had performances! Singer Sia and dancer Maddie Ziegler perform on stage during an Apple launch event